Thursday, July 2, 2015

Breezes

I love a nice cool ocean breeze. In fact, that is probably the one thing that makes me love living here on the East End.

Yesterday morning the rain was coming down hard when I climbed out of bed at 6:15. My morning walk was off and water was everywhere. By the time I got downstairs to go to the grocery store, I realized that it had been pretty stormy overnight as there were small branches and leaves scattered around the yard from the wind. It wasn't easy to get into my car because the drivers side sits in a low area of the driveway and I had to ford a small stream to do it.

I didn't mind the rain. In fact, I didn't even bother with a raincoat as the temperature is nice and warm and a little water never hurt anyone. I got my shopping done and sat to read the paper, and by the time I looked up again the rain had stopped. By 10:00 the sun was shining, the puddles were disappearing, and a beautiful, cool breeze was making for a gorgeous day.

And I determined to spend a little time out in the rain more often too. It felt really good....

No comments: