Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Angels

M
y mother used to love to quote scripture and one of her favorites was the one where we are told that we may be hosting angels without being aware of it. It was her way-and scripture's way, of telling us that we need to treat everyone with love. I always loved the idea that there might be Angels here among us on earth. Perhaps checking me out at the grocery store, or begging by the side of the road. How would we treat people differently if we knew this to be the case?

Today I'm hosting an angel on earth, but I'm fully aware of it. My 2 1/2-year-old granddaughter is feeling a little under the weather so she's here with me, while her twin sister and little brother are at their usual day care. What a treat it is to have her here, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I never get either of the twins alone. They come as a pair, and there is always plenty of competition for attention. Today it's been just the two of us, and we've both enjoyed the opportunity to be alone together.

And being able to take special care of her when she's not feeling well is another treat. I love taking special care of little ones, who truly are angels visiting with us here on earth.

No comments: