Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Flying by

If the rest of the summer flies by as quickly as June has we'll be getting ready for Christmas in no time at all. Wow - what a whirlwind this has been! Between Little League games and end-of-school programs, having company in the house, and our usual lives, this has been one busy time. Of course losing 10 days in May when I was traveling hasn't helped my sense of keeping up with the schedule, but my gosh I hardly remember a time when so many weeks seemingly disappeared from my life in the blink of an eye.

I know I wasn't quite as conscious of time when I was younger so I'm convinced its an old age thing. As we begin to see our lives coming to a close, we are much more aware of how quickly the days go by. Not that I'm planning my demise any time soon. but when you are in your sixties and you know most people never get beyond their eighties, its much different than being in your twenties when you can see your whole like ahead of you with no end in sight. We are all on borrowed time, after all.

I feel time slipping between my fingers, but I don't begrudge the fact that I have an expiration date. After all, this is life and there's never been any other way. But I don't like it when the days seem t go by so fast I've barely had time to appreciate them. I want to slow down a little more and smell those flowers....


No comments: