Thursday, June 18, 2015

Early day

An ambulance call at 4am meant I was awake pretty early today. By the time I got home it was 5:45 and daylight with plenty of noise coming from the trees. There as no going back to sleep.

I like the early morning but that was a bit extreme. Nevertheless I tried to enjoy the blessings of the new day. The light at that hour is so pretty, filtered and soft, casting a glow on the world that is unlike any other time of day. And the quiet of the streets is so nice - very few cars are out and around and even on my busy street it is quiet.

Normally at this time of the year it would be blessedly cool early in the day but today it was downright chilly. I had to grab a sweatshirt to wear in the house once I was dressed for the day. They say it will warm up a bit but with rain coming there is no sun and that makes things seem cool as well.

I think we're heading to RIverhead today for visits to Costco, Lowe's and Targer. Who knows where else we may end up - I'm thinking Michael's at least. With my daughter and her kids here it will be a fun trip. Since losing my shopping buddy last year when my best friend died my trips to Riverhead have been rare occasions. I shall enjoy having company on this one.

Perhaps the rain will hold off. We shall see!

No comments: