Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Clouds

Today is a cloudy one, with showers appearing Avery once in awhile. But this is still a beautiful time of the year in East Hampton.

Last week I was running from a benefit party that I was working to a friend's house for dinner. It was about 7:30 and the sun was low in the western sky. I stopped at home for a brief moment and then headed to Amagansett, choosing to go back roads since it was a Saturday night. I crossed from Accabonac to Egypt and when I approached the end I greeted with a breathtaking view. The Maidstone Clubhouse was in front of me, with the great expanse of green surrounding it. There were some low hanging clouds behind over the ocean, but the thing that was most striking was the light. It was that beautiful, diffused light that we get out here - the one the artists love so much. It was almost ethereal in the way it set the scene with the most beautiful soft colors and muted tones. I was momentarily tempted to stop the car but I was running late so I didn't. I wish I had so I could have memorized it a little better. It reminded me of a painting in an art gallery.

Sometimes you just wish you had a good camera with you.

No comments: