Thursday, June 11, 2015

Alzheimer's

This was one of those weeks when I seriously questioned the health of my brain.

I forgot two important appointments. One was a meeting I was supposed to speak at. The other was a business dinner. What is happening to me?

Of course, in all fairness I had not written either one on the calendar. But then, why had I failed to do THAT? Am I slipping mentally? I have always prided myself on the ability to keep my busy and complicated schedule straight. But now....I wonder. Perhaps I'm getting old. Or maybe it's Alzheimer's disease. I find that things I never would have worried about years ago have taken on new importance at my age. A pulled muscle could be arthritis. Or a slip of memory a serious deterioration. Warning signs? Or simply normal life? Who's to know?

Well, it has been a busy week. But if I find weeks like this one happening more often, hmmmmm.....

No comments: