Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cleanliness

Another thing that was amazing to me when I was traveling was how clean everything was. We spent 8 hours on the road one day, which means about 4 stops at gas stations or cafes and every single one had wonderful, clean bathrooms. Clean bathrooms at a gas station? Can you imagine that?

I don't understand why we can't offer decent rest rooms in this country. Is it that difficult? I can't remember a time when we stopped to use public facilities anywhere and found clean ones. In fact, I remember most of them made me want to wash up when I LEFT!

We ran into so many problems trying to find decent facilities on the road when our kids were small that we vowed to stick to the toll roads just so we could depend on finding a place we could take our children in to use bathrooms without feeling like neglectful parents. And we've been doing that ever since.

So why is it that in this, the most advanced country in the world, we can't manage to figure out how to provide clean rest rooms for travelers? Crazy, right?

1 comment:

Ben Reichart said...

two words, cost and willingness
employers do not want to expend funds for this and the employees are usually unwilling to do the job. Americans ! :)