Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Social?

I am interested in the name "social media".

I have lately come to the conclusion that there are many problems with trying to communicate through email, facebook, blogging, etc. It doesn't have to be this way, but the problem is people have traded face-to-face communication with computer or cell communication, and its not the same. M children, for instance, will send me texts and then wonder why  don't know what's going on. How do they know I got the message when I don't always even have my phone with me? I don't know about other people, but sometimes I like to just jump in my car with nothing to hang on to, so why would I want to be carrying a ell phone? And sometimes it needs to be charged. And it is not my primary form of communication!

And facebook - well - yet another example of  a poor way to send messages, especially invitations! I can't even begin to tell you how annoying tat is because every time I need to check details I have to find a computer and look it up rather than go to y fridge and check the invite hanging there by a handy little kitchen magnet.

But worst of all is the use of any of these forms of communication for important things that can be rife with misinterpretation. No one can read sarcasm or vocal inflection into the written word and there is so much opportunity for mistaken interpretation.More anti-social than anything in my book.
I am really hungry for simple phone calls.

No comments: