Thursday, January 8, 2015

Snow

There was actually a little snow on the ground when I got up yesterday morning. Not much, just a dusting, but it looked pretty.

The real shock was the cold. I don't mind cold when I can dress for it, and there was no wind, so it was OK. But what I don't like it when we have to go into store and get heated up n all those clothes. I had to go to the grocery store and as I stood in line waiting to check out I began to get warmer and warmer and before long I was puling off the hat, then the scarf, unbuttoning the jacket, etc - trying not to work up a sweat just standing there. I really don't like that aspect of dressing for the winter weather. It's like walking into a frigidly cold air-conditioned building in the summer when you're dressed in short sleeves and cotton and a little damp from the walk, only to feel as though you're standing in a walk-in refrigerator waiting for hypothermia to set in. Not fun!

Well winter is here for the next three months at least so we need to adjust to it all. Layers are always the key and I'm getting into the mindset now. It ma be cold outside but inside its cozy and the fireplace is delightful. Not to mention dinner with friends in a cozy restaurant while the wind howls outside. Winter has its delights and I appreciate them all!

No comments: