Saturday, January 31, 2015

Slow down

I love the way everything has taken on a less frantic pace since the snow storm. It seems as though everyone had taken a deep breath and just made a decision to slow down. Well, most people anyway. There are always those few on the roads that cannot stand not to be going the speed limit - or more - anytime they're out driving. But generally, everything seems to be slower and more gentle these past few days.

If helps of course that there was no school for a few days. And that many people were stuck in their homes, not yet plowed out and not able to move far. It reminds me of when I was a child and winters were very calm and slow around here. I don't mind it really - its a nice change.

In fact, I'll be sorry when the usual pace returns and life begins to crank up. At this point the excuses are over and everyone needs to get back to work, to school, and to regular life. Sad, but its been a really nice little vacation from reality for just a few precious days.

1 comment:

Ben Reichart said...

I agree Barbara. Perhaps it is a by product of aging but the slower pace is preferable. I hear and read about all the safety improvements in modern automobiles and see the campaigns about texting and driving. All I think about is, if we just slowed down and paid attention everyone would get where they needed to go and be so much safer. Seems like the human race is racing toward our doom ! LOL Like the song says, Everybody wants to go to heaven but I don't want to go today.