Friday, January 23, 2015

Landscapes

I always enjoy the winter landscapes. hey are hauntingly beautiful, especially in the early morning and late afternoon when the light is faded and bare trees dress the horizon with their scraggly forms and black branches.

I love winter. I know that goes against the norm and most people are longing for summer. And its not my favorite season because autumn and spring are certainly ahead of it when it comes to my affections. But I enjoy all the seasons for different reasons and this one, this winter season, is special because of the landscapes, the solitude, and the way we bundle up against the cold air. I love layering on the scarves and hats, coats and sweaters. I love sitting in front of the fire drinking hot chocolate or eating comfort food. I love the way our homes become our refuges from the weather and we snuggle in when it snows, barely caring what goes on outside our windows as long as its warm and comfy inside.

These may be the dark days, but they are beautiful too.

No comments: