Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Blank pages

So the house is cleaned, the holidays are over, and my calendar is full of blank pages. I love that!

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't have any obligations. It means that I haven't taken the time yet to fill in the blanks. I need to rite in all my regularly scheduled meetings which are monthly or weekly, and I need to take out y appointment cards and write those all in. And then there are the birthdays and other special dates to remember. Well, you get the idea. I love to think of the calendar as being empty, but in reality its not - it just hasn't been written down yet.

The freedom that those empty pages represent is not real life, but there is something about seeing them that makes me feel fresh and new and as though I'm starting all over, filling in my days with the things of life. Which I am. But its not "routine" yet. Its a new year - a new beginning!

No comments: