Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Prep

Today the real prep begins for the holiday tomorrow. In about half an hour I'll head to the IGA to eat the crows there and pick up my final supplies. I bought much of what I needed last week but I've been making a list of the things I still nee ever since. I have about 10 items on the list now, from potatoes to heavy cream, and also need a couple staples to get us through the rest of the week, like bread and milk.

I don't do much in the way of cooking ahead of time. We don't eat until late afternoon, so I have most of tomorrow for that. I'll start with my mother-in-law's chocolate angel food cake in the morning. We aren't pumpkin pie people in this house and this is my husband's favorite dessert, so its become a holiday stale around here. Then I'll get the turkey in the oven, cook up the gizzards for gravy base, and work on the sides. The one thing I don't enjoy doing is the potatoes - too much peeling involved there. But I love to eat them!

So tomorrow will be a busy day. But it will also be a fun, family filled day of thanks. Because I have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: