Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17

Today would have been my mother's 89th birthday.

I wonder what she would have been like had she lived this long. Many of her good friends are still with us, and they really don't look much different than they did 10 years ago. Perhaps they're moving a little more slowly, and maybe there are a few more wrinkles, but its not noticeable to me. I think she would have aged well She certainly did up until her death.

I hope to age as well as she did but I don't count on it. My father wasn't as lucky  - his hair thinned out a lot, his knees got very bad, and he looked more his age than Mom did. I imagine I'll be like him. No matter though, I consider every year a gift so however much time I have and however I look at the end of that time, I'll take it.

Of course I made my husband promise me years ago that if ever I was put on life support he wasn't allowed to turn off thee machines until I get down to at least a size 12. At least once in my life it would be nice to be there. And I'll be so gorgeous in that coffin

I wish Mom had lived a little longer. But she did look beautiful up until the day she died. I should be so lucky! Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: