Saturday, November 29, 2014

House Tour

Today the grandchildren are coming over to help decorate the Christmas tree.  Last year we bought one after the holiday on sale - its an artificial one that's pre-lit and should make things a bit easier. The kids love hanging the ornaments and since we have few that are breakable its a fun family thing to do.

After lunch my two daughters-in-law and I are going on the Historical Society's annual house tour. It's their biggest fund-raiser and I'm thrilled to support one of my favorite charities buying tickets because its so much fun to get into these amazing homes out here. It's the one time of the year we get to peek behind the hedges and see how the other part of the world lives. I enjoy the decor, full of ideas for me on a much lesser scale, and doing it with the girls is always fun. A couple hours of bonding time.

This is my favorite time of the year. Lots of family time, lots of love around, and generally happy people. I will savor this next month, every blessed day of it.

No comments: