Wednesday, November 12, 2014

City

Today we're heading in to the city to see a show. It will be a long day.

I can't even imagine how people commute in and out of the city all the time. I know it becomes a way of life but I just don't have it in me. I know I'll be exhausted tonight. Our morning Jitney leaves at 7:20 and we'll get home about 9:00. Every time I drive by the Jitney stop on Main Street I look at all the people standing there and think I'm so glad I don't have to make that trip more often than I do. It's a long ride in, a lot of walking once you get there, and a long ride home. As much as I love the things that New York has to offer, city life is not for me. It's too frantic, too crazy, too exhausting.

I suppose if you live there yo don't feel it the same way. I imagine you become part of the fabric of it all, just as I am here. Routine. It's all about routines. But for me, its not routine and it's not easy.

Isn't it interesting how we settle into our comfort zones? Whatever it is, its ours. And we embrace it.

But, this isn't my routine. And it will be a long day.

No comments: