Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wind

We've had a lot of wind on the east end this week and it certainly changes everything! A beautiful sunny day can become chilly with a stiff wind, and enjoying the outdoors is difficult if accompanied by the movement of the air.

When I was young my mother used to explain God by comparing him to the wind. We cannot see the wind, she would say, but we see what it does and we know it's there. In the same way, we don't see God, but are aware of his presence by experiencing his actions and seeing what happens all around us with his presence. I think of that analogy every time I see the wind blowing outside my window, or hear the wailing of it outside at night. God is moving like the wind too! It reminds me if his presence. And it am comforted by it.


Like the wind - always moving among us and making everyone take notice.

No comments: