Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wind

I think wind is the most fascinating of all weather issues. You can't see it - you can only see the results of it. You know its there but its difficult to predict or guard against. There is no umbrella for wind and eve the best clothing can't really protect you from it.

Last weekend we had a spectacular day on Saturday. The sun was shining, the sky was clear and blue, the temperature was perfect, and yet it was cold and uncomfortable outside thanks to - you've got it - the wind. Looking outside from the house it seemed a gorgeous spring day. Walking into the wind was miserable. When the wind calmed, I enjoyed being outside but as soon as it whipped up again, I couldn't wait to get back indoors.

It was a great tease for the summer to come and made me think about all the fun outdoor things to come. But also reminded me that looks can be deceiving and the wind can change everything...

No comments: