Saturday, April 5, 2014

Times

When thinking about door-to-door salesmen yesterday I continued to think about how different life is today and I realized that this is one of the things that make our siblings so special to us - that shared experience. Only they remember what our house was like growing up and how much fun it was to explore the neighborhood in the days before traffic was so dangerous and life so complicated. And only they remember what our life was like in that house and what our parents were like. And most importantly, what our "times" were like.

I'm sure it was a similar feeling for my parents when they thought back to their childhoods. They had no TV, no telephones, lived through the depression, didn't always have cars - things that were certainly not our experiences.

And already my kids are talking about their lives before cell phones and iPads..... 

No comments: