Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Taxes

Now that tax day is over we can breathe a sigh of relief for another year. It seems like one of the most stressful times of the year and I'm always happy to see it over.

I remember when I was first working and had to file my first tax returns. I went with a friend to H & R Block and paid $2.50 to have some guy fill out thee form for me. It seemed like money well spent. How easy was life back then?

Now I stress over making sure I remember everything. I am terrified off an audit. I worry about keeping records carefully. And I hate paying money if needed at the end of the process!

Taxes are the price we pay for living in this country. I don't resent them - I accept them. We may argue about the necessity for some of our taxes. We can talk about governmental waste. We can certainly agree that none of us like taxes. But as was said before, they are as inevitable as death. Now that's a happy thought!

No comments: