Friday, April 11, 2014

More

Speaking of our deer problem - I have to find a way to deal with our decimated yews this year.

We have a driveway that comes right up to our outdoor deck so years ago we planted a row of yews along the deck side where the cars are parked. It made a really hedge to soften the effect of the cars being right there, but the deer have totally destroyed it. I don't think there is anything we can plant there now that these voracious creatures won't destroy so I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this spot in our yard now.

I think perhaps using some lattice, which we have on our overhang, might be a good option. My husband thinks it would look better to shingle a simple short wall there. I'm not sure but I think the simpler the project the more likely it is it get done. We are still working on the home office renovation, weeks later now, and I know from experience these things take forever when you do the work yourselves.

Another example of the way the deer are costing us big time. They've destroyed all kinds of landscaping e sent good money o and now we're going to have to build something to replace this hedge. I am really so tired of these creatures. I know they're cute but there are clearly too many of them when they are eating things they never used to eat. When their food source is scarce they are desperate.

And now so am I.

No comments: