Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Damp

The only problem I have with rain at this time of the year is the dampness in the air. In the winter, with our heating systems running around the lock, we don't notice that damp air so much, and in the summer when its hot it doesn't bother us. But now, with the air temperature hovering around the "just comfortable" spot on the dial, that moisture really  makes us feel it. I find myself turning the gas fireplace on just to take the chill out of the house.

Dampness has always been an annoyance to me. I never liked being in a damp bathing suit as a kid and that was probably a glimpse of things to come. I hate mildew, I hate humidity, and I still don't like being in wet clothes. I'm also not crazy about perspiration but that's another issue I guess.

I'm looking forward to this week being over because the skies are supposed to clear up by the weekend and the sun will come out. And the sun is the antidote to so many things. Especially dampness.

No comments: