Saturday, December 28, 2013

Disagreements

I hate the fact that Facebook has become a sort of forum for differing viewpoints. I don't mind a good discussion and I don't mind disagreements, but some things are just too complicated to debate in small sound bites. And its difficult to have a discussion with anyone when you're not face-to-face.

It seems as though every issue that come onto the local or national stage becomes fodder for Facebook. Regardless of how informed anyone is, they have opinions about everything. Sometimes they are interesting - sometimes infuriating - but always annoying because its just an impossible place to actually have dialogue. How can logical people have real conversations over their "status updates"? It doesn't work well.

I sometimes try to correct misinformation. Often I ignore it. I just think Facebook is not the answer to the world's issues when it comes to intelligent debate. But then again, what do I know?


No comments: