Monday, December 16, 2013

Almost ready

I feel as though I' almost ready for Christmas. Almost.

I've been shopping and wrapping, baking and entertaining, decorating and practicing - and most of the gifts are ready, food is cooked, and choir songs learned. The house is ready and soon enough, so will I be.

Christmas will be here in just over a week, whether we're ready of not. So best be ready I suppose. this year, for the first time in my married life, I actually said "no" to something. I'm not mailing out Christmas cards this year. I kept stressing about getting it done and finally I just decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. I made the decision to let it go. Unheard of in my world. And I can't remember when I've said "no" to any of my obligations before.

ow - I'm dealing with the guilt. Every card that arrives in my mailbox brings a twinge of it. I'm a person who doesn't normally shirk her responsibilities. And mailing out Christmas cards has always been one of mine.

Somehow I doubt too many people will even notice.

No comments: