Thursday, June 27, 2013

Heat wave

I hate heat waves.

I am not a big fan of summer in general, although there are things about it that I love. I enjoy being outside and I like the ease of life in and out of the house, no coats or boots, no need for heat, etc. But I don't like heat and humidity and I don't like air conditioning. I love the spring and summer in East Hampton where the air is cool and comfortable and a light jacket or sweater is all that's required for creature comfort.

That said, this week has been miserable. On hot and humid days I don't want to do anything other than sit on the couch and watch TV or read, and my desire to clean my house or do even the most simple tasks is greatly diminished. It isn't even July yet and I'm already tired of summer.

Hopefully next week this latest heat wave will diminish and we'll get back to more tolerable weather. But I have to say, for the moment at least, I'm wishing I lived in a house directly on the ocean where the breeze would wander through....

No comments: