Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Grass

The grass is a pain in the summer. I love the feel of it beneath bare feet, I love the smell of it when its mown, and I love the way it looks. But the maintenance is a pain and without lots of work and chemicals, it never looks perfect.

Mind you, I don't mow the lawn - my husband does. So I can't complain. But the lawns I love to see are the ones that are perfect - no crab grass, no dandelions, no dead spots or fungus - lawns that are like sod. I love them. And in order to accomplish that look it takes either a lot of work or a lot of money. Neither of which we have at this house.

My father used to joke about pulling up his lawn and replacing it with stones, the way they do in some places. Of course, he never did his own lawn care - he had a sprinkler system and a company to take care of his lawn. He had lovely, lush green grass and it was wonderful.

I've been saying for years that if I could, the first thing I'd do is pay someone else to do our lawn so my husband wouldn't have to be out there on hot summer days pushing a mower. Maybe someday....and then it will be lush and green and beautiful. And he can sit in the house and watch someone else make it look that way.

No comments: