Saturday, June 15, 2013

Down - but not out

I spent two days on my couch earlier this week. An allergy became a respiratory infection and suddenly I felt as though I'd been run over by a truck. I think it's the worst I've felt since chemotherapy four year ago.

So I took to the couch and rested, intermittently sleeping and paying video games,watching television, and reading when my eyes weren't hurting. It was a boring two days and it reminded me why I am one of those people who likes to stay in motion.

It's the same thing that makes a vacation at the beach uninteresting to me. I could spend a day or two on a good book but after that I'd go stir crazy without something to do. I like to sightsee and shop and get to know any neighborhood I visit.

I have to be pretty sick to stay at home. It's just not in my nature to sit around all day. Not that I'm not a lazy person because I certainly can be guilty of that, but I have my limits. It might be a result of my mothers work ethic - she rarely sat and read a magazine! But whatever the reason, being home made me once again appreciate my health and ability to move. May I never take it for granted!!!

No comments: