Monday, June 24, 2013

Company

The grandchildren from Pennsylvania are here for a few weeks and I love this time when they're in my house. My favorite time of the day is when they wander downstairs in the morning, one at a time, still clouded with sleep and not quite bright eyed yet. They join me on the couch and watch TV as I blog or answer emails on my laptop and I like listening to them yawn and seeing them stretch out their arms and legs trying to wake themselves up. They still feel warm and cuddly and aren't quite ready to run off to the beach of pool. It's my time with them - just being together - barely talking but sharing the couch just the way I did with my own years ago in the summer months.

Sometimes the best times are the quiet ones, when nary a word is spoken but being together is all that counts.

1 comment:

Ben Reichart said...

I couldn't agree more !