Thursday, June 13, 2013

Brides

I have to say if I've learned one thing by watching television its that I'm very glad didn't go into the bridal business. Which is odd because I've always thought I'd like to be a wedding planner or own a bridal shop. After all, I loved planning my own wedding and helping with each of my childrens'. But....

There are a number of shows on television right now that center on the bridal business. There are shows that take place in bridal salons, and show that follow horrific brides in the days leading up to their weddings when stress is high and manners in short supply. And honestly, I don't think I could handle the people.

Which is a life lesson, really.  I may love bridal gowns and weddings and all the trappings of such an exciting occasion. But the people that are attached to them....well...that's another whole issue.

No comments: