Friday, June 7, 2013

Breezes

There is nothing quite like the cool breezes of the seaside. I thank my ancestors every year at this time for coming to this end of the island to make their home. I hve no idea what brought them here or why they decided to stay - it was many generations ago now - but I'm very happy for whatever reason it was. Because I love living by the sea.

Last week there was a small heat wave here in the northeast and there were 3 or 4 day over 80 degrees most every where. But whenever I watched the weather I took great comfort in the inevitable line that always came: "Highs in the 80's except on the eastern end of Long Island along the shore where highs will only reach the 70's".

Ah yes....and again I tip my hat to my great, great, great grandparents who in their wisdom came here and helped establish this place. How lucky am I?

No comments: