Friday, March 22, 2013

March

I can't tell you have many times I've heard people say in the past few weeks "March is my least favorite month!" I guess I really don't have a "least favorite" because there is always something about each one that I look forward to.

March is admittedly a challenging month because by March we're tired of the snow and cold that we welcomed when we were approaching Christmas three short months ago.  Just as we are excited about the warmth of summer, we are tired of the heat and humidity by September - what fickle creatures we are!

OK so we're tired of the snow. And maybe we are anxious for warmer days. But March is still a month full of pleasures! It's similar to November in that we never know quite what the weather will be - one day it could be 50 degrees and the next barely 30. We know April will bring warm rain and the daffodils, so to me, March is about promise. It's a time to look forward to planting, to the greening of the grass, to flowers, and the warm weather and sunny days. The sky will be bluer and the days longer and March is the bridge to all that. I like March. I make plans in March. And I use March as a buffer to the new season. What's not to like about March?

No comments: