Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just start!

Now that I've determined that I need to clean out my house, and organize my things, I'm stuck on where to start. I'm thinking my own clothes closets are the place to begin but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of it and that's keeping me a bay. How to get myself motivated?

I know I need to throw things out. I know I need to sort and I know I need to completely empty drawers and closets and start from scratch in terms of what should go where and how I need to keep things in place. However, knowing the how and why of it all doesn't get me started - in fact, it only serves to discourage me because I know how much work lies ahead. And there I sit - with a good plan but no action.

I've always been a bit of a procrastinator. I freely admit it! Some things are just easier to put aside for later than to tackle today, right? I know I'm not alone in this and I know there are hoarders everywhere who totally sympathize! And that's my fear - becoming one of them!

So I know the only way to start it to start. Small steps. One drawer at a time. Time to get it done!

No comments: