Saturday, March 23, 2013

Intentions

Well I came home from Buffalo (after cleaning out my aunt's house) determined to set about the business of cleaning out my closets and drawers and getting rid of the things no longer needed around my house. I had the very best of intentions, I really did.

And then life got in the way. Instead of a nice full Saturday for cleaning I found myself attending board meetings and doing basic cleaning jobs. When I tried to portion off a weekday to tackle the closets, instead of had to run to Southampton for  someting, or got called to a meeting someplace. It was just the busy things that keep life interesting that got in the way and I have yet to get that job done.

One of my children made note of the fact that I was "too busy" once and I reminded her that she really would not like it the other way around. I don't look forward to a time when I am too old to be busy and spend my days looking for things to do. Especially because when that time comes I'll be too old to do things like clean out my closets.

But I do need to get to work on my closets soon....

No comments: