Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hanging

I am so intrigued with the younger generations obsession with pants that don't cover their rear ends. What's that about anyway?

No I fully realize that every generation has to do something to horrify their parents' generation - in my day it was wearing jeans...everywhere. No one wore jeans unless you were going to work in the barn, right? But we claimed them as our own and now they are acceptable everywhere.

But last week there was a photo of Justin Beiber circulating around the internet and his jeans were hanging so low I seriously wondered a. How did they stay up? and b. Why bother? I mean, if you're going to display your underwear for the world to see just skip the jeans altogether, right? And of course, its not only him. I've seen many kids on the street displaying their underwear and I curiously look to see how they can keep them from falling to the ground. Does that ever happen? I haven't seen it but I can't imagine how it doesn't.

Remember the days when it was a horrible trick to play on some unsuspecting kid when you grabbed his pants and yanked them down? Now they do it themselves. Perhaps it's a pre-emptive strike against such tomfoolery. But honestly, how much lower can they go???

1 comment:

Ben said...

Practicing to be a Plumber, I suspect.