Monday, March 25, 2013

Daylight

The days are so much longer now that it's causing me some stress. I love having daylight when I leave at 7pm for meetings, but here's the problem: As long as there's daylight I feel as though I need to be busy doing something....

My favorite part of winter is that once 5:00 comes around I feel perfectly content to climb under a blanket on the couch and do nothing more strenuous than make myself a nice of hot chocolate. But that daylight, well, it makes me feel guilty for not attacking a closet that needs to be cleaned out or a cabinet that needs re-arranging. It's a guilt producing phenomenon and I don't like it. There's enough guilt in motherhood to last a lifetime - who needs more?

Well - it's only going to get worse. Warmer days are coming, and people will be out in their yards until really late working on their landscaping and painting their windows...and I'll be feeling even more guilty for being inside taking it easy.....

No comments: