Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chill

Well you'd never know it was Spring by the weather so far and March is surely going out like a lion this year. The winter coats are still at the ready and my gloves are always on the counter where I can grab them on my way out the door. I know we've had snow in April before but we never want to think that's going to happen, do we?

We have had some nice weather in March and its been a tease of a month with some mild days followed by the deep freeze. Such is the month of March - but now its time to think "Spring" and once this week is over we'll be in April so I'm hoping for the best.

Already the landscapers are out working on clean-up all over the village and April will see that happening more and more. My own yard is in need of some attention but I can't see jumping on it too early - after all, its a long summer. As soon as the weeding is done and flowers are potted, we have to tend to the regular maintenance that comes with it all. Soon enough we'll be mowing and trimming - for now I'm going to enjoy the final weeks of this "shoulder" season and not get too worked up over the weather that's coming. It's not here yet and I can wait!

March may be nearly over but April isn't yet poised to be the harbinger of things to come. Soon though....soon!

No comments: