Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

I can't say that this is my favorite holiday because as a Christian, Christmas and Easter are right up there in terms celebrations. But Thanksgiving is certainly very high on my list of favorite times. I love the fact that it feels like a religious holiday but its one that all of us as Americans can share regardless of our religious affiliation. Well, I'm not sure what an atheist might think about Thanksgiving - I assume they simply ignore the "thanking God" part of the picture and simply enjoy it as a time for family to get together, but other than that we all understand the concept of thanking the creator for our many blessings, among them the fact that we were lucky enough to be born in this country where freedom is valued and we all have more than much of the world's population.

So today I reach out to all my readers with a sincere wish for you to have a wonderful, blessed day this Thanksgiving of 2012. For me, I'm mostly grateful for being here...

No comments: