Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Color

I love the colors of spring!

I have pulled all my spring/summer clothing out to the front of the shelves and am enjoying the bright pinks, greens, yellows and lavenders that we rarely see in the winter months. Not only does the warmer weather lift my spirits, but the colors do as well. Between the clothes and the trees, it's a cheery, happy time of the year. On Easter Sunday the church was ablaze with colors, including daffodils and tulips, and everyone was dressed in similar hues. It made me smile just walking in the door.

The spring-green grass will soon mellow to a darker shade, and the trees will lose their blossoms, covered instead with a canopy of green leaves.  But for a few glorious weeks right now, we are bathed in color everywhere we look. And it only takes stepping outside my door to bring on the joy.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I always think Spring is like walking through a bright and cheery art gallery, but better, because it's alive and fragrant!