Monday, April 30, 2012

April gone

So we say goodbye to April. And as of tomorrow we can't even pretend that the season isn't galloping at us now with breakneck speed. It's going to be Memorial Day before we can even catch our breath.

April has been more like March than March was this year - it came in like a lamb and went out like a lion. It was nearly 80 degrees in the first two weeks and this past week I've been waking up to temperatures in the 30s and 40s - brrrr! It's been a harsh wake-up call for sure and I honestly wonder what's happening to the climate around here. Hopefully summer will not be the horror that some people are expecting. It would be a nice surprise to have warm days and cool nights and little humidity! Now that's a dream!

April has been a good month at my house and I'm honestly looking forward to outdoor entertaining and wide open windows and screen doors. So I say bring on May!

1 comment:

Ben said...

close them screen doors or you'll get bugs in the house ! LOL Can't say how many times I heard Mom say that.