Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brrrr

Can I just say it's cold outside? I'm not a big fan of the heat and humidity and I don't mind cool days and nights. But this is rather extreme for us with so many days being so cold and I'm hoping that the pay-off will be skating on the pond soon. Not for me, of course, but for all the kids in town who love to do it. Nothing is prettier than skaters in a natural setting, like Town Pond or Hook. It's the perfect antidote for winter's chill and I look forward to the sight.

Today its snowing. Not as badly as I thought it would be, but snowing. I'm not sure how long it will last but at the moment the world is pretty still out there and not much is moving other than plows and emergency vehicles. Thankfully I was on duty Monday night so didn't have to venture out in this mess to answer the call. I'm hoping there are enough people with 4-wheel-drives to take care of anything that happens today because the longer the snow falls the less likely I'll be able to get out to help. My little PT Cruiser is pretty good in the snow but once the plows bury the end of my driveway I'm in trouble.

The cold weather is a great reminder that spring is coming. And it makes me that much more appreciative of the warmth of the sun when it finally arrives. I think without the winter, spring would not be nearly as sweet. So bring on the snow. Spring is right around the corner!

No comments: