Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankfulness

The other day someone posted on Facebook that every day between now and Thanksgiving we are supposed to post something that we're thankful for. And I was so struck by the fact that I feel every single day that I have so much to be thankful for I could never list only one thing. I could write something every day for the rest of my life and not run out. Doesn't everyone feel that way?

Of course, I know full well that there are people who are sick and don't have the energy to get out of bed - I've been there. I know there are people who are hurting because they've lost someone they love dearly - I've been there too. I realize completely that people have needs and hurts and unrealized aspirations and their lives are not perfect. Neither is mine. But in my darkest and loneliest times I've always found something to be grateful for.

My wish for everyone this holiday season is that, whatever is happening in your life right now, good or bad, you have many things to be thankful for. And most importantly, that you're able to see past the not so great stuff and be grateful - and find satisfaction in - the blessings.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thank you, Barbara...I needed to read those words of encouragement (and chistising too!) right now. You are completely right about this, and I'll let go of the stress and find my attitude of gratitude!