Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Prep day

Today is the last day to work on the meal for tomorrow. When my kids were young I'd use today to have them make come cute place cards or other table decorations for the dinner table on Thanksgiving. I loved doing that kind of thing with them and I think I would have made a good elementary school teacher, but unfortunately when I was in high school I wasn't all that crazy about kids. It took having my own to make me really appreciate them! Now I think I would have loved spending my days with kindergarten or first, second and third graders. No matter though - I have a good supply of grandchildren to keep me entertained!

I hope I have all the food ready and all the ingredients in place for the big day. If not, I see that the local grocery stores are now open in the morning! Now that's something that never would have happened twenty years ago!

I'll be up early to get the turkey in the oven. The the day will be spent baking and relaxing around the house. I'll miss the family - most are away - but I'm grateful to have a husband to keep me company and look forward to the meal when other family members gather.

This really is my favorite time of the year.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Enjoy your holiday.
You are correct about the store. Now its' all profit all of the time ! Even here in the tiny town of Greensboro we have a convience store open 365 days a year.