Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

This is such a nostalgic day for me and I think because our crowd is so small this year I'm especially remembering the old days when the house was a hub of activity and excitement and there were lots of people everywhere.

Regardless of who's here or what our plans are, Thanksgiving makes me contemplate all that I have to be thankful for. Packing shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child a couple weeks ago made me even more appreciative for all that I have. As I bought small stuffed animals and crayons with paper for those small gift boxes, I imagined the children who would be receiving them and the joy those things would bring them. And then I thought about my own grandchildren and how lucky they were to have so much. We are all blessed beyond belief in this country!

I'm thankful for my wonderful family, that I love without measure. I'm thankful for a husband that I love more now than I did the day I married him. I'm thankful for amazing friends who support me and helped me get through some difficult times in the past three years. And I'm thankful for a God who loves me. I'm thankful for my life-every special day of it!

I'm thankful today to be right here, in East Hampton, where I can walk outside and enjoy the beauty of the countryside, the blue sky, and the open sea. And I'm thankful that I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: