Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lost weekends

This summer had been a series of lost weekends for me. We've had company, we've gone to weddings, we've had a yard sale, and our weekends have passed us by, one after another, with absolutely nothing done around our house or yard.

Saturdays are work days at our house. Generally speaking I clean inside while my husband works on the outside. In the winter there are painting projects and major cleaning/organizing projects inside. And always, there are toilets to clean, floors to vacuum, and corners to dust.

So...my house is a wreck. I have some major projects on the agenda for this fall, including a reno on our home office/sun porch. But it's looking more and more like it will never get done because I haven't found the time yet to get it cleaned out and ready for scrapping and painting.

My real dream? To be Samantha Stevens of Bewitched and have the ability to twitch my nose and make things happen. I could never understand her pledge not to use witchcraft because if I had the abilities she did, I would have used them to the limit. My room would be painted and redecorated, my yard would be raked and trimmed, and my house would never need more than a twitch to tidy it up. Now that would be a dream come true!

No comments: