Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Clothes

This weekend we're traveling to Massachusetts to attend a family wedding and I still have nothing to wear. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Clothes shopping has always been a nightmare for me. I've been a large range of sizes in my lifetime and probably have at least 3 sizes in my closet at any one time. Plus, I've always been badly proportioned so I can never buy a suit and rarely find a dress that works for me. I normally buy separates so I can buy different sizes, but for a more formal occasion that doesn't work well. I would be a good candidate for a seamstress and I often do use one, but that gets pretty pricey so as a rule I try to stick with what works.

Add to all that the fact that I've lost some weight recently which means most of what I have in my closet doesn't fit and therein lies my dilemma. I don't know what I' going to do for this wedding.

I hate shopping for clothes because they so rarely fit me well it becomes depressing and I'm easily discouraged. I like catalog shopping because I can try things on in the comfort of my bedroom, and then send back what doesn't work. But the things I tried through catalogs didn't work and now I'm down to the wire with nothing to wear.

Could be an interesting weekend...

No comments: