Thursday, August 19, 2010

August weekends

Since we were away last weekend I've heard some horror stories about the traffic and crowds everywhere and I've decided it was a good time to be gone. August weekends are such a nightmare.

For some reason no one seems to understand, August seems to be the worst month of the crazy summer on the east end. I can't quite figure out what it is, because even when hotel rooms are sold out in July it just seems to be slightly more civil out there. But August - well - it seems as though there are no holds barred in August and its a real dog-eat-dog world out there. I'm glad I missed last weekend because now there are only two left and we'll be celebrating September!

I've always said if I could get a little mountain cabin somewhere to spend some time,, it would be for the month of August. As much as I love East Hampton, I would gladly leave then and come back home when civilization has returned. I don't like to wish time away but right now I'm longing for September.

No comments: