Sunday, March 28, 2010

Family


This is going to be a week of entertaining at my house. My daughter and her three children arrived from Pennsylvania yesterday for almost a week's stay. Last night my two sons were here for dinner as well, along with my daughter-in-law, their baby, and my other son's girlfriend. It was a chance for the siblings to re-connect, with only my eldest and her family missing.

Today Sunday lunch for the extended family is here. I've prepared a huge pan of baked ziti and that's the only thing other than getting plates, napkins, and forks out for me to do. Everyone else brings the rest of the meal. For some of the cousins (and second cousins) this will be the first time they've seen each other in a few months so that's always fun.

I think I'll take a break for a couple days at least but then before they leave, and after my eldest gets back, we'll all get together again for a meal. It will be a crazy, exhilarating week here, as holiday weeks should always be. I'm already enjoying it and looking forward to the rest of our time together.

Family time is among the most fulfilling and joyful of my life. I love seeing my kids all together under one roof again - which seems right since we watched them grow up together here in this house. We have memories they don't even share because they were too young and some things that happened in the past are only here, in our heads. Seeing them laugh around a dining room table brings so many back.

No doubt I'll have some things to write about before the week is over...

No comments: